Monday, September 1, 2008

Sundays and Sam Adams Holiday Edition


Summer is officially closed.


Damn, and I'm on my last case of Summer Ale. Oh well, that stuff is a great beer fresh, but gets nasty fast.


I put together my daughter's birthday present Sunday. Something called a Roxial Flyer purchased at Wal-Marx and made in the USA. Needless to say, none of the bolts were the right length, I had to take it apart three times to move poles placed in the wrong direction due to no warning in the directions (yes, I read the damn directions), and vetoed putting in the teeter-totter because I had to pour a cement foundation for it (in good time, little one).


I only lost my temper three times and let the flyer live up to it's name.


My daughter was so happy that she ran out and was playing on the chains before we had the swing attached, then found the box and played with it for several hours. Ah, fatherhood.


After the ordeal was done, I grabbed a couple Sam Adams Summer Brews and toasted the waining sunlight as I charred a cow's remains on the BBQ.



Then as the picture suggested, I made my little Stormy do pull-ups until she got sick.

2 comments:

Dawn Allenbach said...

Happy birthday, Miss Sam!

Congratulations, Dad!

Denise said...

That is an adorable picture! See - you do have a soft side no matter how much you wish to deny it. :-)