Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sundays and Samual Adams



Today was a great day. Without getting into the step by step processes of my life and the havoc that surrounds it, let's just say this afternoon I sat outside in perfect weather and sipped on a cold Sam Adams Boston Lager.








I love beer. Not quite the Homer Simpson or Peter Griffith affair (why am I using cartoon characters?) but I love the taste of beer. Domestics usually don't do it for me.


I graduated from BudWeiser U before I turned legal drinking age. I'm a bit of a beer geek. I like different beers, I like the good stuff.


Klaster - Klaster (Monastery) is traditional Czech lager beer brewed since 1570.
The beer’s unique characteristics come from fermenting and aging in caves dug in the rocks 60 feet beneath the brewery. Yum. The Dark beer is my favorite.


Sam Adams Summer Ale - Samuel Adams® Summer Ale is an American wheat ale. This summer seasonal uses malted wheat as well as lemon zest and grains of paradise, a rare pepper from Africa first used as a brewing spice in the 13th Century to create a crisp and spicy flavor and body. The ale fermentation imparts a background tropical fruit note reminiscent of mangos and peaches. All of these come together to create a quenching, clean finishing beer perfect for those warm Summer days.


Pauliner - Paulaner is a German brewery, established in the early 1600s in Munich by the Minim friars of the Neudeck ob der Au cloister. The mendicant order and the brewery are named after Francis of Paola, the founder of the order.Weißbier (literally translated as "White Beer," and so-called because it was at the time of its inception paler in color than Munich brown beer) is a Bavarian specialty brewed in which a significant proportion of malted barley is replaced with malted wheat. By German law, Weissbiers brewed in Germany must be top-fermented, making them ales.[1] Specialized strains of yeast are used which produce overtones of banana and clove as by-products of fermentation.[1]


Bass - Bass (pronounced /ˈbæs/) is the name of a former brewery and the brand name for several English beers originally brewed in Burton upon Trent at Bass Brewery and still brewed in Burton on behalf of InBev by Marstons. Bass is most particularly associated with their pale ale. The distinctive Red Triangle logo for Bass Pale Ale was Britain's first registered trademark.Pale ale is a term used to describe a variety of beers which use ale yeast and predominantly pale malts. It is widely considered to be one of the major beer style groups.


Those are a few of my tastes. There's more. Want to find out, invite me out to an old Chicago and I'll go around the world with you.


I started off telling you it was a wonderful day, then ended up giving a lesson in beer.

B

No comments: